Sunday, August 12, 2007

Scoping the Skies...

This was a few years ago, we went to my Sister-in-Laws home and set up our telescope. They live high on a hill overlooking Santa Clara Valley, and though there is a lot of light pollution for scoping, we were able to see quite a few stars and galaxies that night. The kids were having a blast, and I took this picture, amazed that it turned out so well. I love silhouettes.
Well, friends, I'm just having one of those months were I just don't have the ooomph to put anything up on this blog, or do anything else, for that matter. I've got that wondeful camara book, and learning about picture taking, but I've just not been out 'shooting' like I have been. It's like I'm dragging 500 lbs around, trying to get motivated to anything. I thought I was alone, until my sister told me she was doing the same thing. So I'm going to pause a bit on the blogging for now, and get back in the swing of things. My hubby and I are going camping at the end of the month, and we'll take our telescope and scope the skies up near Hume Lake. Looking forward to it - at least it'll get me moving!
God bless you and keep you this lovely month of August, dear friends...
Chrissie

2 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Before I even read the post, I was going heeeey! I know that place! :D And I'm pretty sure that's my profile on the second right. Or Sarah's. The braid is sure familiar. ;)

Carrie said...

What a cool picture!
Have a good Monday!
God bless :)