Well, instead of doing what I wanted to do (which was sewing), I managed to can four quarts of tomato salsa. (scroll down for the recipe and instructions)
Now within that brief sentence is an all day experience. Because, while I was making the salsa, I decided to clean out the fridge and chop veggis for lunches and dinners while I steamed jars, boiled water in a pot too big for just one burner, (which took over an hour, I might add) scalded my finger, accidentally scattered oregano all over the place, and stacked up dishes higher than I wish to tell, all with my sunglasses perched atop my head (what's up with that?). As it was, it has taken me three days to get to this point in the process of making this stuff. If I started today from the beginning, it would have taken 10 hours instead of 4. Whew! And you gotta be careful of those peppers! I touched my mouth 10 minutes ago, and it's still burning. I'm telling you, I'm the only one I know that can make a mess so complete that it takes as long to clean up as to do the job! *Sigh*
but the end result is worth it....
I just hope my hubby likes it. We've got a whole gallon of it! :)
Well, now to start dinner. Oh! I just heard one of the jar lids ping! A good sign....
God bless your efforts today, dear friends.
Chrissie
1 comment:
Glad you got a hold of my parents (they haven't emailed me yet). Alum Rock is just too close for comfort!
There was an earthquake in Paso Robles (boy, I spelled that wrong!) in late 2003. It's about 200 miles from LA? But I had just woken up from a nap and was going to the bathroom and I could have sworn that the toilet was shaking. Mustn't have fully awaken yet. Then I went out (was at the shop) and I noticed the shop lights were swaying. Hmm. Since when do they do that? "Did we just have an earthquake?" :)
Post a Comment