Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Making Progress....

Thank you, Leah, for your helpful observations. I did what you suggested, and then moved the blue trucks in the center, took out the dark orange and gave them to the diagonal stripes, took the orange from the stripes and put them on the sunshine and kites, and took the yellow from the kites and put it on the blue trucks. (whew!) I then moved the red gingham below the blue trucks, and then exchanged the orange and green ginghams. I'm almost there, only I would like to see a more robust yellow for the blue trucks, and I want to see if I exchange the green 9 patch blocks if it won't balance out a little better. Maybe take the dark orange out of the diagonal stripes, put the red from the pinwheels in there instead, and replace them with a bright solid blue. If I do that, then I may exchange the diagonal 9 patch block with the pinwheels block, which may help keep things proportioned.

Hmmmm.....What do you think?



Well, until next time, God bless you dear friends....
Chrissie

1 comment:

Leah Spencer said...

I think I have to agree with you, the yellow with the blue could be brighter. Got a red or a green to try in that spot?

But overall, I'm liking it!! That's gonna be one happy boy. :)