Monday, June 25, 2007

A Grand Day Out...

Good Guessing!


I was canning both peaches from my tree, and apricots from one of my sister's tree, yesterday. That in itself is a story for another day....
I was able to make over a dozen jars of apricot jam, and since I gave most of my peaches away, I only made a half dozen jars. I am disappointed that it requires so much sugar. I couldn't find a good recipe that gave less sugar - you can hardly taste the fruit with so much - I'll have to keep looking....
Today it was the Little Sister's birthday (she says -25 again:), so I went over there and with my parents and other lovely family members, took her out to breakfast,
then collected a group of able and willing family members and we all took her to the beach...


We loaded our van with everything a body could need for a day in the sun and water, and headed down the coast to Carmel and found a lovely secluded beach where there was nearly nobody, and...
we dug in the sand....




made sand castles...




buried each other in the sand...



and watched the waves...





keeping clear of the rip tides...



It was a great day!

God bless and keep you, on your birthday and always, Li'l Sista, Li'l Sista.....


May God bless you , dear friends!

Chrissie

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Well happy birthday to your sister! Looks like it was a great day - wish I could just pick up and go to a beach - must be nice :)
Hope you're having a good week!
God bless :)