And birthday parties with family....
Bummer, no picture for this, because I didn't put the memory disk in the camera, and, for some reason, didn't even notice - which isn't hard, because every time you take a picture, it will show on the screen that the disk isn't there! Now, why didn't I look even once, when I always look at other times??? sigh.....
But, that's the only sad thing about that lovely Wednesday! Kids running about, lots of wonderful food, and fun games, with a smattering of chattering in between. It couldn't have been lovelier....
Well, my friends in blogland, I've taken the plunge. I've gone and done it and there's no turning back. I've sent invitations to all the ladies on my street for a recipe swap luncheon at my house. Now, I have never, ever done this before and it is kind of a scary thing for me. I'm not, what you call, sophisticated or refined. No. Not in the least. Just a kid that grew up in the country, with horses and goats. I'd wear jeans and a T-shirt everyday if I could, but I do try to improve myself, when I'm not working in the garden. So this is a big step for me. I know very little about hosting something like this. I've looked on the internet for some advise, and everything I've seen has hundreds of dollars tied up into it, and I have very little to spend, so I'm going to try to keep it very simple. Clean my house, you know, enough that it is pleasant, get my yard looking pretty, cook up a couple of things to eat, have flowers, which can be supplied from my yard (thank you Lord!), wear something pretty, and let the rest take care of it's self. So, that is the project for next week, and we'll see how it turns out. I know only a few of my neighbors, so this is going to be fun to see who turns up. I already have 4 Rsvps, so that's something. :)
OK, so here goes! Now, take a deep breath......
With God, all things are possible.....
God Bless,
Chrissie
1 comment:
I'm sure it will be wonderful. Sounds like you have all your bases covered. From what Leah says about you I'm guessing everyone will have a wonderful time and you'll have lots of new friends.
Post a Comment