I'm happy to say that my luncheon was a success! Out of twenty invites, seven ladies arrived. I had designated each one to bring a salad, side dish or dessert, and I provided drinks and a place to eat. Well, the ladies had such a good time. They all stayed till about 3 pm, and we chatted about the neighborhood, about our houses and compared notes of things that are breaking down. We discussed solicitors and potential problem issues, scams and what to watch out for. We found out where each came from and what brought them here. I was so pleased to find that a lot of our ladies are home during the day! It makes it so nice, now, to know their names and be able to keep in contact. One even said she'd like to do this at least once a month and just have coffee and chat! Isn't that so neat??? Well, this is such a big mile stone for me. Each one was so thankful that I did this, that I'm sure, many fun things are in store for the future!!
This is a little of the theme I had, with sunflowers from my garden...

I tried to get them all in....
The neighbor across the street came over a few minutes ago and gave me a lovely gift as a thank you for doing this - wasn't that sweet? Her name is 'Delight'...

God is so good.
May He bless you,
Chrissie
1 comment:
I was sure it would be a success - I'm so glad to hear it went well!
Post a Comment