Wednesday, June 20, 2007

How does your garden grow?

It's growing Sunflowers! This is my favorite - check out the bees. Their pollen sacks are so big they can hardly fly....


You can't see the garden for the Sunflowers!



Why did I let the sunflowers take over? Well, I started out with the tomatoes, corn, watermelon and squash, and I thought I'd like to have some sunflowers in between. I thought these were the kind that go only 2 feet high. Then, I began to see more than what I had planted and realized the birds had helped to seed them. Well, I'm the kind of gal that has difficulty killing the good growing things. 'If there's life, there's hope', has been drummed into me since childhood, and we could never, ever drown or kill anything, unless for food or to put out of it's misery, even if we had too much of it - we just didn't. We always were able to find homes for every kitten and pup that came along. I believe that God honored that, and made sure there were folks to take the little lovies from us, and it made having a farm so much fun!!

So here I am with too many sunflowers. I said to myself, I'm going to cut them as soon as they bloom, so the rest of the garden will have sun, but each time I come to them with the snipers, there are at least 5 or more bees gathering pollen - and I say, awwww, the bees are busy, I think I'l wait....so there they are, blooming and shading my garden, and it seems that the other living things down there are doing ok. Here's the watermelon seeking the sunshine outside of the garden, like about 8 feet.....



My tomatoes don't seem to be suffering much....



The corn's competing with the sunflowers for the sky.....

So, there you have it - God is giving me fruits of my labor - and it's so worth it! Praise to Him!
God bless you , dear friends,
Chrissie

No comments: