Wednesday, June 27, 2007

An Ode to Sunflowers....





Keep your face to the
sunshine and you cannot
see the shadow.
It's what sunflowers do.


According to this, speaking of the Sunflower, 'The glorious bloom follows the sun's apparent path over the earth'. As this is not completely the way my sunflowers have been behaving, I have noticed that while my 12 footer was beginning its bloom, it's head followed the path of the sun until the head got too heavy to move. Now, along with most of the other sunflowers, it faces due East. Amazing...
The 'Grand-Daddy Sunflower'....



A congregation of yellow faces looking East....


She faces the Western skies....


I hardly find a sunflower without a bee...
My first yellow squash harvest! Guess what's gonna get 'et tonight? :)
God Bless!
Chrissie

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Such beautiful flowers! Love 'em!
God bless :)

Trin said...

OH!! I did not know you had a blog!!! I have one too! :) I LOVE the sunflowers! They are so pretty! Are they from your garden??? I love the one picture with the bee in it! It's so cool! :D
love~ya! Trine!!!