Monday, March 26, 2007

I can quilt - really I can....

Many of my blog friends are quilters, and I bet that many of you think that all I do is gardening...well, so do I at times. I'm about ready to change my itinerary. I find it difficult to do two different projects in one day, plus keep up the house and other stuff. I don't quite know why. I love the 'quilt in an hour ' idea, and I'm trying to get to that point, but this is how it goes: I wanna do two things today: garden and quilt for an hour. Get the dogs walked, water everything, do gardening ( and this takes time and I'm a scatterbrain, so I tend to walk a lot in my back yard just getting things), get lunch, type on the computer and check out blogs, (of course); clean up kitchen, do house chores, sit at piano for a couple minutes - oops, gotta go to the store...uh - what's for dinner again? chat on the phone, wrap up the gardening, wind things down for the end of the day, start preparing dinner, feed dogs, watch tv, do late evening duties, and then crash so I can do it again tomorrow....*sigh*....
Anyway, just so you know, I can quilt a little, I wanted you to see my one big project that I did for a friend. I took me 3 years before I finally got working on it, but I finally did it - and wow! what a job it was. It was the first time I followed instructions - I've only done simple baby quilts. This picture is only of the top. Funny - I never did get a picture of the whole thing finished - got too excited to take it to my friend. It took 3 months just to hand quilt it. When I was half way through, a friend told me her daughter has a long arm and could do it for me ! :) oh well, I actually liked hand quilting it and it turned out nice.

Here is the top. Two of my nieces are at the top holding it for me.

This next shot is fabric I've been hanging on to for ever. This is a quilt the whole family will be helping with for my mother. My sister in law has many of the blocks and is embroidering on them with her Husqvarna Viking machine. I'll show you later - They are beautiful!!!

Well, gotta wrap up the gardening, bathe the dogs and figure out what's for dinner. I think I'll cancel the tv time and work on my quilt - there ya go!!! HA! I'll lick this thing yet!
Thanks for stopping by!
God Bless!
Chrissie

3 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

I had to laugh, I have the 2 middle fabrics in the bottom picture. :)

I remember when you sent me a picture of the lonestar quilt you did, and I saved it to my laptop... which went kaput in 2001. :P But your lonestar quilt has been a great "wow!" piece for me, especially all those log cabins. :)

Rose Marie said...

Your lonestar is gorgeous and I've been enjoying the before and after photos of your gardens. Keep us posted on your new project!

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Anyone who starts a lonestar has to be an AMBITIOUS quilter!! It's really pretty and worth the time.

I keep lookng at those patterns, but haven't enough gumption to try one YET.:)

[And sometimes I get quilt time in my doing that first...after dishes and bed making, of course.]