Sunday, March 11, 2007

My, it's getting awfully warm around here....

Well, friends, it got into the 80's today! Where is that snow when you need it? I was wondering why my mountains couldn't be enlarged in my last post, and my neice, Leah, told me how to correct that problem, so now you can enlarge the mountains and see them close up - pictures do not do these mountains justice.
I'm trying to do new things each time I post, but I can't seem to get things to always work the way I want to. I'm unable to link my posts to Leah's blog - oh, there it is, thanks to Leah's wonderful tutoring!! Now, if I could only get the pics to work, but I'll keep working on it each time. Tomorrow, some of my family is coming, God willing, and I anticipate a fabulous day - uh, in the heat....sigh... I'm not ready for heat. Maybe we'll get a cool breeze.....

there's benefits to snow...









3 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Yay! I'm on your time zone now. Arizona never changes, but in the summer I'm on California time, in the winter I'm on New Mexico time.

I'll baby step you... let's work on creating links.

Let's say you type "This is my niece's blog." What you do is highlight the words you want to become a link - say the "niece's blog" part.

Then click on the link button - it's the one with 2 chain links and a green globe (eh, it looks more like a green blob).

When you click on that, a pop up for entering in the HTML address should come up. Fill in the address you want - either by hand typing it or by copying and pasting in the address. Make sure it doesn't put the "http://" in twice. (Because it's already in there for you... but you can wipe it away).

If you want to make sure it's working, click Preview and then right click on your mouse and tell it to "Open in new window". If it successfully opens, you're good to go! :)

I hope that made sense! If not, I can just give you the HTML code to write. Just a little one liner with pasting in the address. I still do it that way, cuz I'm "old school". ;)

We'll focus on the pictures another day - I'm just glad they are clickable for their full size. :)

Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Your picutres make me want to go back to Clovis for another visit!! Our DD/SIL lived near there and we thought the country so, so lovely. They were close enough to drive up into the mtns to ski, too, which DH and grandsons loved.

You pictures are almost like standing on DD's drive again. Sigh!

Leah Spencer said...

All right! Great job on the linking. :)