
Early this morning, after my hubby left for the day, I curled back up under the covers waiting for the caffeine pill to kick in (coffee isn't my favorite drink, and these pills have enough caffeine for 2 cups - it gets me going!). I reluctantly glanced at the clock - my body said it was 6:30, but the clock said 7:30. I was in rebellion. My heart wasn't into getting up and facing the day. I didn't want to face my fears and concerns, let alone my responsibilities, and this time change didn't help my frame of mind. The old ugly overwelming feelings of inadequacy and dispair began to creep in, when all at once, my dear Savior put into my mind the most beautiful picture - His awsome miracle of walking on water. I opened up the Bible and found all the passages where that account was found and read with prayers and tears, how Jesus, after being alone on the mountain praying, and having sent the disciples ahead in the boat, came down from the mount and began walking on the water to meet them. Meanwhile, the disciples were toiling on the wind ravaged sea, being tossed all about. As they are rowing with the wind contrary to them, they look out at the boisterous sea, and lo! a figure aproached them! they cried out thinking it was a spirit - and joy! Jesus calls out that beautiful phrase - It is I, be not afraid! Wow! what a picture - Jesus is walking on the water - defying gravity and the properties of H2O! I was overtaken with the scene, it's detail vivid as though I was watching it actually happen. The sea has gone wild, waves pitching and rolling, and there is our Lord, walking calmly on, perhaps even leaning on a wave with his hand as he moves around the restless waters. In one account it says that he was walking as though he would pass by the boat, when they saw him. Oh, my! What a shock to see someone with the feet firmly planted on.....what? and then Peter, with such boldness - calls out - Lord, if that's you, bid me come to you! Oh, the sweet words that called back - Come! (I was crying at this point praying, Lord, bid me come, too! )

Peter pulled himself over the side of the pitching boat, and landed safely onto the water's surface, and began to make his way to Jesus. The wind and the waves were still rolling and crashing - the situation hadn't changed, and those boisterous waves got Peter's attention away from Jesus' face, and his faith began to weaken, and he began to sink. His immediate response was, Lord, Save me! and Jesus stretched forth his hand, and grabbed hold of him, and said, Oh ye of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? and as soon as they got into the boat, the wind ceased, and the sea grew calm. One account says that immediately, the boat was at the land where they were going - Wow! Wow! As soon as the wind ceased, they all worshipped Him and declared that He was truly the Son of God!

Oh, yes! He is the Son of God! and He gave me such a glorious picture of Himself today - encouraged me to get moving and not to fear - He is with me, even now, and as storms come and go in my soul, he bids me, Come! It is I, be not afraid!
May you hear Him call you to come to Him today, dear friends!
Chrissie
'Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.' Jer. 33:3
Here are the scriptures if you would like to read this awesome account:
Matthew 14, Mark 6 and John 6
2 comments:
Good Morning Chrissie,
I know I don't like this time change either. I really enjoyed your Devotion today. "THANK YOU" for sharing it with us. The pictures are just breathtaking. I know I should be more like Peter. I fear Tornadoes, but I know that GOD is always watching over us and protecting us. HE is always there with us no matter what the storm may be. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.
Love & Hugs,
Karen H.
What a gift God gave you this morning! Thank you so much for sharing. I don't know what you are dreading, but trust God will help you through it as well!
Thank you for the kind words this morning - I am feeling much better after a day of lying around, some sleeping, some blog visiting. I'll be back at work tomorrow!
Post a Comment