Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So Far...

Here's one of the four I'm doing. I've been working on enough center blocks to make at least 15 others. It takes a lot of time, and it doesn't look like I did a lot, but...



...this is better than nothing. I'm amazed at what you can do when you don't go on the Puppy Dog Jog, don't work in the yard, don't do housework, don't sit at the computer, and don't visit anyone. After working about 8 or 9 hours, I fizzled out and though I got a lot finished, I didn't quite meet my goal of getting all four tops done. But, I hope to accomplish that today before 2pm - that is my prayer. If I could only stop procrastinating - just gotta get it done today!!!
Keeping in mind, that with God, ALL things are possible, I take a deep breath, roll up the sleeves, and dive in - 1-2-3, here I go!
God bless yours efforts today, dear friends!!
Chrissie
Zachary quilt update: 5 blocks complete - 1 more to go!! Yes! It will be a Christmas gift after all!!

2 comments:

Leah Spencer said...

Yes! They take a while. That's why I didn't give you yours until like... 4, 5 months after the wedding? Just cuz they're smaller pieces, you still have to put as much effort into them as if they were 3" strips.

And it's looking pretty square too! I know it didn't all come perfectly together (neither did mine), but it's looking really good. I like the musical notes in them too - Christmas is definitely the time of music and carols. :)

Are you gonna use red thread to quilt them?

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Chrissie,
Your quilt looks so beautiful. Makes me want to start quilting again. LOL. I do have one that I started but never finished it because it was so time consuming. I may just have to get started on it again. You do need to take a break from it once in a while. When I was doing it, I had to take breaks because if I didn't, everthing seemed to just run together for me. I'm glad you about have Zachary's quilt almost done in time for Christmas. Yes, dear friend, All things are possible with GOD!!!! Well, take care my friend. I have been coming by everyday to check on you. I'm glad you posted today. Have a great Wednesday and God Bless You.

Hugs,
Karen H.