Monday, November 12, 2007

Squonklish...

...is all I have to say about these things I've been working on. Zachary's quilt is being done in between using the leader and ender method - three blocks complete! Yeah! The one below is for a boutique that one of my four sisters is doing - THIS WEEKEND!!! *sigh* gotta get it done - by hooks or by crooks!!! That's why you haven't heard from me as much these past weeks. And my hubby has had minor knee surgery, and I have been the resident nurse, so that's why you haven't heard from me this weekend! :) He's doing very well - much better than I expected - Praise the Lord!


The Christmas one I did a few weeks ago, I wasn't happy with, so I started all over again. The center blocks you see are from those, I just put them there to see how it would look. I'm working on the 'better' center blocks now - and I'm making enough to do at least 15 of these things. We'll see if they sell!! :)


I got this idea from my niece. She gave me the original you see there on the left, as a 'Thank You' gift for doing flowers at her wedding.
Here's my workshop - it's messy, but it works real well. I have two big walls to put up the blocks as I go, and it helps soooooo much!!



Well, friends, gotta go do the Puppy Dog Jog, and come back and workworkwork!!!
God bless you, dear friends!
Chrissie

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Chrissie,
Sorry to hear that your hubby had knee surgery. I am glad that he is doing better tho. Any surgery can be a pain. I just don't like them. I love the quilts you are doing especially the Christmas quilt. You do such a wonderful job. Maybe one of these day I will have to take some pictures of the quilts I have made in the past and post them on my blog. I know what ya mean when you have to be the resident nurse. LOL. It seems like I'm the resident nurse and everything else around here. LOL. But, I don't mind. It's part of my job as a stay at home mom. Well take care my friend and enjoy the Puppy Dog Jog. Have a great Monday and God Bless You.

Hugs,
Karen H.