It's been a busy week, and I didn't get to put up my favorite things Friday post. But I'm excited to show you Zachary with his
Finally Finished quilt! All
Batted, Backed, Quilted, and Bound! In the previous week my older nephew had said he wanted a quilt. and gave me all the colors that he would like to see in it, and yesterday, he excitedly greeted me at the door, saying, 'Is this my quilt?' Poor fella! If this is an example of how long things take for me to complete anything - he may just be in high school before his is finished. As it is, he's not the only one wanting another quilt. I have given each of the kids quilts when they were little, but they've out grown them, and are now ready for some updates -I have a feeling that I'm going to be kept very busy in the next few years -because that's just how long it'll take me - if I don't get to jumping on things! Yikes!
Last week, I had anticipated getting the quilt completed that weekend, so I could post the finished product along with his reactions, so there are a couple pictures with the binding not on. He was so precious! I just couldn't get it all on the camera - he giggled and pointed to the trucks and talked his sweet baby chatter about the quilt and what he saw - sooooo precious!!

Here he's saying 'trucks' - gotta give him kisses!!!
It fits his bed perfectly! I wasn't even trying! :)


I did end up switching the pinwheel 9-patch with the truck 9-patch, and it does make a big difference.


Well, dear friends! On to, well, conquer those unfinished projects - and start new ones - God willing! May you all have a blessed weekend!
Chrissie
'The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich,
and He addeth no sorrow with it.'
Proverbs 10:22
2 comments:
Whew! Finally. ;) Somehow if there's a deadline on a quilt, it takes thrice as long to complete. But if it's a "just for fun" and not a gift to anybody... it goes by 10 times faster. Go figure! That's why I've concluded that I'm better off having a pile of completed quilts made just for fun than trying to give one to everybody I know. Then when I need to give a gift or something, I can just go to my completed pile and see if something fits... if not, I can get them a gift card. :)
Good Morning Chrissie,
I love the finished quilt. You did a great job on it. I can tell that Zachary is very proud of it and glad to get it. You could always tell the older nephew you will have it done in time for his High School Graduation. LOL. Just kidding. I know you will have it done long before then. Zachary is so precious. "THANK YOU" for sharing your finished quilt and the pictures of Zachary with his new quilt with us. I have finally put up a post this morning. Hopefully I will get back in the normal swing of things since my DH has left for work. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.
Love & Hugs,
Karen H.
Post a Comment