Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Yesteryears....

Here's a picture I always set up at Christmas in a festive heart shaped frame. It's our first Christmas together, and we had a camera with the hands free apparatus that made picture taking a lot of fun for just two. You can see the pride on my face of doing our first Christmas tree. Hubby was in those modes of growing a beard. He goes through that at least every other year. He looks sharp in his, but it grows really curly, and it's hard to keep up, so he gets tired of fussing with it and will surprise me one day, and be all smooth again. I fuss for a minute, and then figure, it's nice to have a soft face to kiss. lol :). I was holding our first pet, Toby. Poor thing disappeared one day - broke our hearts! He was so sweet, and had the most beautiful green eyes. But, doggone it, he kept peeing in the house, no matter what I did - so I had to have him outside. I just hate it when animals disappear, then I always wonder what happened to them - it just makes my heart ache - sweet baby! I want to pet him! We never had a cat after that. They tend to wander, and I'll always have that worry. If we move to a place with lots of property, then I'll consider having another cat - if the dogs will let me!! :)



Thank you, Dear Father in Heaven, for the honor of celebrating 20 years of Christmases with such a wonderful man!
God bless you as you make and remember your memories, dear friends...
Chrissie

3 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Chrissie,
Oh what a beautiful and touching post. "CONGRATULATIONS" on celebrating 20 years of Marriage. Me and my hubby will be married 13 years this coming March. I love the heart shaped from with the picture of you and your husband. My hubby growed a beard a couple of times. He didn't look too bad in it. As the temperatures got warmer, it bothered him and he had to shave it off. Thank you for sharing this with us. I have just finished putting up a new post. Well, take care my friend and have a great Tuesday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Leah Spencer said...

Hahaha, I hear you on the beard thing. :) The curls eventually get my husband too, and off it goes. Not to mention colds/sneezing doesn't mix well with a mustache. :P

Carrie said...

Cuuuuute picture!!
God bless :)